Frequently asked Questions
1. How do I submit a voucher application?
First, all SMEs participating in an application need to be registered on the platform. Follow these steps to submit your application:
1) The biopharma partner has to invite the IT partners(s) into a collaboration space. Note: only the biopharma SME as beneficiary of the PERMIDES program can invite an IT SME into a collaboration space, not the other way around.
To invite an IT SME into a collaboration space the biopharma SME has to log in to the platform and find a partner IT SME via: “Matchmaking/Find a project partner”. Clicking on a SME will show the company’s profile and at the bottom of the page a button “Open collaboration space”.
2) Once the biopharma SME opened the collaboration space, the invited IT SME will get an email notification to accept the invitation.
3) Now both SMEs can enter this collaboration space via the home screen of the PERMIDES platform when logged in.
4) From within the collaboration space the partners can start to draft an application by clicking on “Apply for innovation voucher” or “Apply for consultancy voucher” and start filling in the voucher application web-forms. Templates and information on what to fill in for the applications can be found here: http://permides.eu/how-to/ (Download bottom of the page). All SMEs in the collaboration space can work collaboratively on the draft of the application. All modifications can be seen in real time. There is no need to exchange word files via email anymore.
5) Once the application has been filled in completely the biopharma SME can submit the application by clicking on the “submit” button at the bottom of the voucher application page. Note: ONLY the biopharma SME can submit the application!
6) Once the application is submitted by the biopharma SME, the partner IT SME(s) will get an email notification and will be asked to confirm the submission.
7) Once the IT SME approved the submission, the application will enter the review process. For Innovation Voucher Applications this will start after the next cut-off date (May 15th, October 10th 2017). The review process will take app. 6 weeks and each applicant will be informed about the outcome thereafter. If positively evaluated, projects should be able to start app 3 months after the handing-in cut-off date. Note: Consultancy Voucher Applications are evaluated directly after submission, there are no cut-off dates. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the evaluation as soon as possible.
2. As IT SME, how can we participate? It seems to us that the submission process is intended for biopharma SMEs only. How can we be found and contacted by biopharma SMEs as potential project partners?
IT SMEs can register at the PERMIDES Platform via permides.eu, and indicate their core competences in a tick-off list. Thereby they can benefit from semantic matchmaking at the Platform and be identified by biopharma SME looking for an IT partner matching their needs. However IT SMEs can also be the proactive partner and use the semantic search to identify biopharma companies with needs for their expertise and approach them. The matchmaking and identification of potential partners functions in both ways. Once IT and a biopharma SMEs have teamed up for a joined project, the biopharma SME is the one formally submitting the application. This process is due to the fact that the biopharma SME is the official “beneficiary” and the IT partner are a “service provider” in the funding scheme.
3. What happens after my application has been submitted?
For Innovation Voucher applications the PERMIDES call has two submission cut-off dates: May 15th, October 10th 2017. All applications that have been submitted before a particular cut-off date will be reviewed within 6 weeks after that cut-off date. Applicants will be informed about the outcome afterwards. Successful applicants will need to sign a grant agreement to be able to start with their projects. PERMIDES aims at a time period of max 3 month from handing-in your proposal to the start your project. If your application has not been successful you will receive specific feedback to improve your application in case you wish to re-apply in the next evaluation period.
For Consultancy Voucher applications there are no cut-off dates for submission. Consultancy Voucher applications can be submitted continously during the PERMIDES call period and will be evaluated directly after submission. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the evaluation as soon as possible. Successful applicants will need to sign a grant agreement to be able to start with their projects. If your application has not been successful you will receive specific feedback to improve your application in case you wish to re-apply.
4. Can I apply again if I am unsuccessful the first time?
Yes. If you have been unsuccessful you will receive specific feedback on your unsuccessful application from the review process. Please take this feedback into account before re-submitting the application.
5. What happens if a voucher is awarded?
If a voucher application has been evaluated to be fundable the applicants will need to sign a grant agreement with the PERMIDES consortium. Afterwards the voucher recipients can start their project work as described in their application. When the project is finished and all necessary reports are completed PERMIDES will pay the IT service provider(s) directly. Details on the financial provisions and payment modalities can be found in the PERMIDES Terms and Conditions.
6. What kinds of reports do we need to deliver during/after our project?
For consultancy voucher a short final report is required (~ 4.000 to 5.000 characters). For innovation voucher projects a interim and a final report (add-on to interim report) are required (~ 5.000 – 7.000 characters). Details on the reports can be found in the PERMIDES Terms and Conditions.
7. What kind of results should an innovation project provide? Does the result has to reach a specific Technology Readiness Level?
Results of projects funded via a PERMIDES innovation vouchers do not need to reach a specific Technology Readiness Level. A result of such an innovation can be for example a prototype or a technical specification which might be further developed or implemented after the runtime of the PERMIDES-funded project. Not eligible is the pure purchase of an already existing product of an IT company.
8. As a company how can I change my profile details on the PERMIDES platform?
If you would like to change your registration entry, you can do so by following these steps:
1) Login to PERMIDES platform
2) Go to Matchmaking/Find a partner
3) Click on Browse all companies
4) Select you own company from the list
5) Click the edit button in the upper-right corner
6) Edit your registration details
7) Click “Save changes”
9. Who is eligible?
The voucher funding scheme of PERMIDES is aimed at SMEs from the biopharmaceutical sector developing novel personalized medicine products and solutions (e.g. biotech/medtech companies, diagnostics companies, CROs, biobank companies, bioinformatic companies, etc.) to collaborate with SMEs from the IT sector.”
10. What can be funded?
The eligible costs include the personnel costs and depreciation costs of equipment, infrastructure or other assets necessary for the project incurred and invoiced by the participating IT SME(s). Costs incurred at the biopharma company in the context of the consultancy/innovation project are not eligible. The sum of costs of specific investments such as hardware or licenses necessary for an innovation project shall not exceed 50% of the total costs. The sum of travel costs for a consultancy project shall not exceed 30% of the total costs.
11. Can I apply for funding of cross-functional standard software such as Microsoft Office?
No, cross-functional standard software such as Microsoft Office is not eligible for funding. Only function-related standard software and industry sector-specific standard software that is strictly necessary and specific to the innovation project’s core activities are eligible for funding.